Providing consultation, building plans, custom design, and construction of exceptionally functional, low-impact, cost effective, cozy craftsman tiny homes.
Let the light in This captures the bright light filled space that a simple lifestyle offers.
Loft Access Ladder to the sleeping loft lit by LED accent lighting behind crown molding. Cozy space.
Ladder Crafted from solid Maple. No metal hardware in this project. All Mortise and Tenon joinery. Add some true Craftsman style to your house.
Getaway Cabin This cabin was a dream that a gentleman had been wanting to build for many years. It was designed with the specifications outlined by the gentleman and then prefabricated for him by Neil. This allowed him to assemble the cabin on his free weekends and craft his dream. Wooden Concept is grateful to be of service.
Isaac's rustic cabinet and cast top This is a Kitchenette that was built for Isaac with another cool twist on my usual cast top. The cabinet base was built using reclaimed lumber for that true rustic quality.
1704 House Full Custom Kitchen Cabinet set, crafted out of solid Douglas Fir to keep the Northwest theme and Craftsman style. Topped with a one piece cast Concrete Countertop. The entire house was trimmed to match with Fir throughout. Dream it, plan it, Build it.
Handcrafted table Handcrafted table for the dining room. Seats four or eight with the leaf. Built using solid Birch.
Dovetail corners on table skirt Fancy details for a custom table.
Maple table top The material used to make this round top was donated to Neil at Wooden Concept in the form of a tree trunk. After milling by hand, this tree was transformed into a beautiful dining set.
Dan’s Ladder Dan wanted a ladder for his cabin that was built from solid Hickory and fit the specific dimensions of his cabin. After balancing art and function, his ladder came into fruition.
Concrete round table top Concrete can be much more than sidewalks, this is an experiment that turned out awesome. Using large flat ocean stones, surfaced the same way I build countertops to expose the stones, cut round and polished to finish this art piece. The base is from reclaimed lumber too.
Round table close up Take a look closely to see the stones exposed on the top and edges.
Picnic table without any meatal fasteners All mortise and tenon joinery.
Community bulletin board This bulletin board was crafted using reclaimed lumber. The wood portion was designed and constructed by Neil and the metal portion by Russ, another local artist. You can find it in the east side community garden.
Daytripper chairs Reclaimed Fir transformed into fancy chairs for a day at the beach. These chairs fold together for easy storage.
Choose a photo to see more detail. Call or email for client references.
Our Process for Tiny Homes and custom pieces
- Initial Meeting: Working sketch (free of charge)
- Estimate developed based on existing build plans or expected hours and materials cost for custom designs.
- Client signs agreement, pays material costs and 25% of labor, and agrees to pay for costs related to requested changes.
- Tiny Homes can take 6-8 months to build and will require another 25% of the labor cost paid before completion.
- Craft working drawings with client’s input on design features and function. (consulting time)
- Home or project build.
- Balance due on project completion.
- Tiny Homes range between $45,000 and $80,000
- Financing available for completed Tiny Homes!
- Consulting & Shop Time $35 per hour
Building your own Tiny House?
- Consulting time for a client wanting to build they’re own home with the guidance of Neil is available. Retain blocks of consulting time on a schedule permitting bases.
- Tiny Homes will be moved to client’s location by a reputable moving company or moved by client.
- Wooden Concept can deliver and install custom cabinets, counters, and other projects in the South Puget Sound area (Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and Thurston County). Additionally, Wooden Concept will ship items within the U.S. Standard shipping rates apply depending on weight, volume and distance sent. Handling and packaging charged at shop rate.